- Lo Mein or Yakisoba noodles
- 2 tablespoons ground peanuts
- 1 stalk scallion, cut into small rounds
- 5 tablespoons oil
- 2 tablespoons dried chili flakes
- 1/2 tablespoon Sichuan peppercorn
- 1 tablespoon Chinese black vinegar
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and very finely minced
- 1/2 tablespoon white sesame seeds
- salt to taste
- Bring a pot of water to a boil. Cook the noodles per the package instructions until al dente. Drain and rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Prepare the chili oil by heating up a small pot on high heat. Add the oil and heat up the oil until it becomes very hot. Turn off the heat and add the red chili flakes and Sichuan peppercorns to the oil.
- Cover the pot with its lid immediately as the oil will splatter. Wait for 5 minutes before removing the lid. Filter the chili oil using a strainer. Discard the residue and just use the oil.
- Prepare the Sauce by combining the Chili Oil and all the ingredients in the Sauce together. Whisk it to mix well.
- Toss the noodles with the Sauce. Add the ground peanuts, and scallion, and stir to mix well. Serve cold.