1 lb Sourdough Loaf cubed
- 12 oz baked cornbread cubed
- 14 Tablespoons butter 1 3/4 sticks
- 1 large onion diced (about 1 1/2 Cups)
- 1 bunch of celery chopped (about 3 Cups)
- 3 large carrots chopped (about 2 Cups)
- 8 oz baby bella mushrooms chopped (about 1 1/4 Cups)
- 2 Tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 1/2 Cups chicken broth
- 1/2 Cup fresh chopped parsley
- 2 Tablespoons fresh rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon fresh sage
- 1/2 teaspoon ground thyme or 1 Tablespoon fresh
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh cracked black pepper
- 1 lb Jimmy Dean Sage Sausage
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Place cubed sourdough and cornbread onto a large jellyroll baking sheet. Bake for 25 minutes, until lightly toasted. Remove from oven.
- Melt butter into a large dutch oven or large rimmed skillet over medium heat. Saute onions,
- celery, carrots and mushrooms for about 10 minutes or until veggies turn tender. Stir in garlic and cook for another minute then pour in chicken broth, parsley, rosemary, sage, thyme, salt and pepper. Stir and reduce heat to low to simmer.
- Brown sausage in skillet, drain if necessary then add to vegetable mixture. Place bread cubes into a large bowl and slowly pour mixture over cubes gently stirring throughout to ensure all pieces get coated. Taste a couple pieces and season with additional salt and pepper according to taste. I added a few more pinches of kosher salt and pepper at this point.
- Divide stuffing into a 9x13 inch baking dish and a 11x7 inch baking dish. Bake for 25-30 minutes, until just golden brown on top. Should still be nice and moist. Remove from oven and serve!