Moong dal soup:
Ingredients: Moong dal and water in a 1:2 ratio
1. Soak Moong dal for an hour.
2. Boil Moong dal in double the volume in water.
3. Add salt, turmeric and simmer for 15-20 minutes.
4. Add more water based on preference.
5. Serve with a dollop of butter/ ghee/ or a sprinkle of mustard oil
Roasted cauliflower with Indian spices:
1. Cut cauliflower florets. Wash and pat them dry.
2. In a mixing bowl, coat the cauliflower florets with a generous drizzle of olive oil, cumin seeds, cumin powder, salt, cayenne pepper.
3. Place them on a cookie sheet and bake at 450 for 25-30 mins, checking in on them at about the 10-15 mins time frame.